There are many new challenges associated with the quest to achieve a sustainable built environment, where many new construction materials, systems and technologies are being incorporated to reach the sustainability goals set out at various socio-political levels. These ambitious goals bring new fire hazards and risks that are essential to address for sustainability to be truly accomplished. Thus, the workshop aims at discussing and tackling the emerging challenges to ensure future sustainable and fire-safe built environments that contribute to local, regional, and global sustainability goals.
ENBRI & ZAG Expert Workshop
Within the context of the FRISSBE project funded by European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme, ZAG and ENBRI are hosting a 2-days Expert Workshop on “Fire safety and sustainability” in Slovenia on 31st May and 1st June 2023 and invite all ENBRI experts and partner organisations to share their knowledge and experience on this topic.
The workshop, presentations and discussions will focus on the following topics:
• Fire safety and sustainability
• LCA including fire
• Sustainability calculations including fire as a scenario
• Fire safety in timber buildings
• Fire toxicity
• Fire safety of Batteries and Battery Energy Storage Systems (BESS)
• Fire safety of PV systems on roofs
• Fire safety of building envelope and façade systems
• Fire safety of modern construction materials and systems